[389-users] Restricting Users for particular Machine?

Ajeet S Raina ajeetraina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:24:13 UTC 2010

Kwan,

I added the ldif file under /etc/dirsrv/slapd-389-ds/schema
but there is no file by name ldap.conf under /etc/ directory.
yes I do have /etc/openldap/ldap.conf but it doesnt have pam_attr like stuff
its simply 10-12 lines file.
yes I do have that in client where I installed through yum.

Also, I am confused about:

>From the Account Listing
   Select Field in ObjectClass
Where AccountListing option gets displayed.
I dont see any option by that option.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/1/12 Ajeet S Raina <ajeetraina at gmail.com>:
> >

> > Say I have a 389 Client Machine 10.209.33.77
> > Now if I add this hostname
> > So that user can only access this Host and not the other Right?
> >
> > Pls clarify.How can I stop a particular user to access only that machine?
>
> This is how I did it:
>
> Create Host Based access
>    Add the 61ldapns.ldif file to /etc/dirsrv/instancename/schema
>    edit /etc/ldap.conf and enable pam_check_host_attr
>
> Go to the management console, then:
>    From the Account Listing
>    Select Field in ObjectClass
>    Add Value
>    Select HostObject
>    Select Add Attribute
>    Select Host
>    Enter first host
>    Select Host
>    Enter Add Value
>    Enter second host
>    Continue for all hosts
>

> https://sites.google.com/site/disciplinux/linux/centralized-authentication

”It is not possible to rescue everyone who is caught in the Windows
quicksand
          --Make sure you are on solid Linux ground before trying.”