[389-users] 8.1 font weirdness on CentOS 5.3

Mister Anonyme benetage at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:09:12 UTC 2010

> > I have CentOS 5.3 installed with Redhat Directory Server 8.1 and Java
> > 1.6.0
> Why are you using RHDS on CentOS instead of RHEL?  That's not really a
> supported configuration.

They're identical.  We use it for more than 5 years without any issues.

> > Probably some fonts are missing ?  If yes, I would like to know what
> > package to install ?
> I have no idea.  Were you using openjdk with DS 8.0?  You might try
> using redhat-idm-console -D 9 -f console.log - the log might have
> information about what fonts it's using.

I tried with those flags and there were not errors and not one line about fonts.

Anyway, since you're talking about openjdk, I just noticed that it wasn't coming from Sun.  So, I downloaded the latest java version from Sun (jdk-6u18-linux-i586-rpm.bin) , updated the alternatives and fonts are normal now.

8.0, I was using Java 1.5 from IBM but it doesn't work with 8.1 so I took the latest version from the repository, which is openjdk 1.6.

Thank you!