[389-users] sort on createTimestamp via JNDI

Andrey Ivanov andrey.ivanov at polytechnique.fr
Fri Jan 29 19:03:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

the server does support the server-side sorting. However if the server
considers that the sorting task is too expensive it sends you an
error. When you sort on a certain attribute be sure
* to have an index on it with the corresponding matching rule
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/index-sort-order.html)
and
* be sure that the number of sorted entries does not exceeed
nsslapd-idlistscanlimit
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Managing_Indexes.html),
otherwise the search will be considered unindexed and as a consequence
too expensive

Other than that the sorting works perfectly...