[389-users] New Kickstart for 389-DS?

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 21:46:09 UTC 2010

2010/1/30 Ajeet S Raina <ajeetraina at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> One more question:
>
> /usr/sbin/setup-ds-admin.pl --silent --file=389-ds.inf
>
> I included the format under 389-ds.inf.
> Will it take during installation through Kickstart.
> I guess. yes.
> But what if I want to include it under kickstart file instead.
> Any Suggestion?

If you want to create a file you can use a here document. For example,
my kickstart has entries such as:

# Add Network Time Protocol for Time Synchronization
/bin/cat >> /etc/cron.hourly/99ntpdate <<'xxEOFxx'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/ntpdate chronos.digitalhermit.com | logger -p cron.info
xxEOFxx

This will create the script in /etc/cron.hourly, for example. You can
do a similar thing for the file you want to create.

I believe you can also use "expect" scripts within kickstart so you
could create an expect script (either manually or with autoexpect) and
use the here doc method to create a temporary expect script.