[389-users] Sabayon/Gentoo distribution of 389org

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 6 15:58:36 UTC 2010

Roberto Polli wrote:
> Hi all,
> our company decided to sponsor a Sabayon/Gentoo distribution of 389org.
>
> It seems that there are some issues in admin-server, which have been deeply
> investigated by the Sabayon maintainer.
>
> Those issues could be related to the latest versions of the libraries used in
> Gentoo; so the question:
> - did some of you test 389org on Fedora Linux or RHEL6?

Yes.  I've just tested the latest 389-admin-1.1.11.rc1 and
389-ds-base-1.2.6.rc3 on Fedora rawhide (F-14)
This system uses httpd version 2.2.15 and apr 1.3.9
* yum install 389-ds
* setup-ds-admin.pl - use defaults
* launched the web browser - http://localhost:9830/ - everything works
fine - main page, topology page, log viewer, etc. (including the CGI the
maintainer was having problems with, or at least I'm assuming this is
the same problem I was working on IRC with lxnay last week)

The problem seems specific to Gentoo