[389-users] Windows Replication Agreement Help

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed Jul 14 12:25:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are setting up a new Windows 2K3 AD server and attempting to syncronise the users from our LDAP server version 8.1.0.

Performing the full sync fails after about 30 seconds with a message in the error log:

[14/Jul/2010:07:46:10 -0400] - add value "^V" to attribute type "ARecord" in entry "DC=@,DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=com" failed: duplicate new value
[14/Jul/2010:07:46:10 -0400] - add value "null or non-ASCII" to attribute type "dnsproperty" in entry "DC=RootDNSServers,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=com" failed: duplicate new value

and none of the users or groups are sent to AD.  I am guessing it may be how our LDAP server schema is setup as we use something like:

dc=domain,dc=com
|_ o=Internal
|___o=a0000
|____ou=Desktops
|_____uid=fred

We have set the Windows subtree to be dc=domain,dc=com and the replication subtree to be dc=domain,dc=com with a DS subtree of o=Internal,dc=domain,dc=com.

Our understanding was that within AD Users & Groups GUI we should have seen a similar schema created.

Though for some reason the replication is traversing the whole of the internal AD tree.  Should we create a new Organisational Unit within AD called, for arguments sake, clients and set the Windows subtree to be ou=clients,dc=domain,dc=com so that it forces it to that branch ?
--
Thanks, Phil