[389-users] Users added in group via add member not able to authenticate

ashish nair nair.ashish13 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 04:45:59 UTC 2010

Hi,
I am trying to setup 389 ldap server which went fine without any problems.
But I am stuck with the group authentication.I wanted to
have common groups in a few  OU's.
For ex: I have a pool of users in the directory server. I created a group
under one OU and added those users(which are not in this tree) via add
member option.But when I provide DN of this OU for authentication the users
of this group are not able to do so. But when I create users under this tree
directly it works. I tried many options but its not working.
Please help.

Regards
Ashish