[389-users] Users added in group via add member not able to authenticate

ashish nair nair.ashish13 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:19:46 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding.

DC=ldapser,dc=com

OU=People
   |--------user1...usern

   |--------OU=shared

              |--------------uid=ituser1
              |--------------cn=IT

This is the structure of the the ldap server.I have added users
user1...usern in the IT group via add member.
Now when I give the OU of shared as path for authentication, its only
accepting the logins
of the ituser1 but not of the group IT.
I need this setup as these users are common to a few OU's.

The ldap connecting string that is there in apache
"
ldap://10.209.22.65:389/ou=shared,ou=People,dc=ldapser,dc=com?uid?sub?(objectClass
=*)"

I tried both with uid and uniquemember. Both are not working .

Thanks again.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Daniel Maher
<dma+389users at witbe.net<dma%2B389users at witbe.net>