[389-users] Announcing 389 Directory Server 1.2.6 Release Candidate 3

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 18:25:42 UTC 2010

On 07/19/2010 08:47 AM, Aaron Hagopian wrote:
> Ok this time I think I have hit a legit issue with SELinux and 1.2.6
> RC3.  On my workstation to sync up my ldap server with production I
> take a ldif dump from production and load it into my system with the
> ldif2db.pl <http://ldif2db.pl> script.  For versions 1.2.5 and
> previous that ldif file could be located anywhere that was readable to
> the "nobody" user.  Since upgrading, I try to use the same command and
> get denied because of SELinux.
>
> My real question here is what is an acceptable directory?  I thought
> for sure the /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/  directory would
> be acceptable but I get a "SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/ns-slapd
> "read" access on ..." message no matter where I place the LDIF file.
How did you create the ldif file in
"/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/"?  Did you move the ldif file
there from elsewhere on your system?  That could explain why your ldif
file has an incorrect context of "var_t".

Try creating a new file in "/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/ldif/"
using 'touch', then run 'ls -lZ' to see what the SELinux context is on
that new file.  It should be "dirsrv_var_lib_t".

-NGK