[389-users] Preventing ssh keys from granting a user access when LDAP account is disabled.

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Tue Jul 20 18:32:02 UTC 2010

Good point... I define disabled as setting the user as disabled in in the console or the user having typed his password wrong to many times and then getting locked out.

I still don't understand pam as well as I should but it would make sense to me for PAM to "check" LDAP before checking ssh... It does so when you don't have ssh keys and would deny a user if he/she is disabled. Maybe I should change a password sufficient to password required. I guess I need to play around a bit more.

>I believe you can use pam_access(5) to grant login access only to
>members of a group in your directory, and remove users from that group
>when you disable their login access.

That was my plan but it is not perfect...