[389-users] Windows Replication Agreement Help

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Jul 21 03:15:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 18:08 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 14:15 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

<snip>
Well . . .I've been battling this literally all day and it still looks
ugly.  As far as I can tell, just as Rich said, the sync does not handle
O and OU objects.  Ours worked by accident as explained previously.

We hit a problem if we try to reproduce the hierarchy because Windows AD
seems to have not way to define an Organization object even though the
schema supposedly includes it.  If the hierarchy contains only OU
objects and is predefined, the users populate throughout the hierarchy.

I tried using views to "convert" the O objects to OU objects in a
parallel hierarchy.  The synchronization does not error but no users are
created.

It looks like we need to design our entire multi-tenant LDAP structure
to eliminate all references to O= (which seems absolutely stupid and a
project fraught with potential production impact) or we need to find a
way to manipulate Organization objects in AD.  Does anyone have any idea
how to do the latter? Thanks - John