[389-users] two guys who bit some more than we could chew...(?)

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:34:37 UTC 2010

2010/6/1 olof nord <olof_nord_ at hotmail.com>:
[snip]
> we can start, but not logon to the 389-console, and we cant get luma to
> connect to our server.
>
> we have succeded with starting service dirsrv.

Are you getting any errors when you try to connect?  Are you running
the console locally or from a second workstation?

What is the address that you are using to connect (localhost or an IP)?

The reason for asking is to determine if there is some underlying
network/firewall issue...

Next, please post the output of:

netstat -tlnw

and

service iptables status

The netstat command will show what ports are listening on the server.
The iptables command will show the status of the firewall. We're
trying to determine if connections are being blocked or if the server
is actually listening.