[389-users] is anybody having problems with latest selinux policy update in F12?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 16:10:25 UTC 2010

me wrote:
> hi Rich
> do you know why it all broke so suddenly with latest update for base policy?

yes - miscommuncation between the 389 team and the selinux team

> for some users it could be kind of a disaster, if now base policy is
> lacking rules for 389
> then some other dependencies, like ones you said of, should be pulled in
> automatically
> for me it looked like that, everything just crashed, like if there was
> no major part
> of 389's things in base selinux policy.

The selinux team would like packages that are selinux aware to provide
their own policy which is what 389 will be doing from now on.
> I've just yumed 389-ds and no extra deps were looked for with regards to
> selinux
> tracking seliunx events and rendering custom module for inevitable
> I guess lots of people on F12 were having lots of problems today

I'm still trying to get my F12 system up to date.  I would guess the
389-ds package has not yet hit the mirrors.

>>> 389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org