[389-users] Problems with SSL

Ski Kacoroski ckacoroski at nsd.org
Wed Mar 3 19:14:04 UTC 2010

Ok, I got the admin server to partially work (took a while to figure out
that it uses a different way to get the password from a file for a
restart).  So it works, but even though the cert path is ok and the cert
is ok for SSL server and SSL client, I am getting this warning on logon:

"The certificate this server present is either untrusted or unknown.
  This server can only communicate through a secure connection
  involving a certificate.
  Do you wish to accept this certificate anyway?
"

When I look at the details I see:

"this certificate does not contain the correct site name"

I am guessing this is because I am using my "*.nsd.org" cert and the
admin server requires a specific named cert.  Does that sound correct to
you?

Again, thanks for your help.

cheers,

ski