[389-users] NB: can't login/connect to FDS

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 20:51:01 UTC 2010

HI,

I'm brand new to FDS/LDAP. I've set up the server, seems to run fine,
can log in to the admin/dir console and create people.
I've tried to set up a fedora 12 client so that I can log in accessing
the FDS server but I don't seem to be making any connection to it
.
I've edited /etc/ldap.conf to add the base dc= dc=com and added "host" keyword

To /etc/nsswitch.conf I've added
passwd: files ldap
shadow: files ldap
group:    files ldap

that is all that I've changed

/var/log/messages and /var/log/secure don't show any activity on
either the server or client.
I receive "authorization failure" when trying to log in.

Are there any tools that I can use to see if my client is seeing the
ldap server?
Have I missed something in the configuration?

BTW, I've looked and searched and read the 3 RH DS documents, but I
didn't see anything that I've missed.

I appreciate your help!

brad

--