[389-users] Partial subtree replication

Joel Heenan joelh at planetjoel.com
Thu Mar 11 23:53:26 UTC 2010

Is it possible instead of replicating an entire database, to replicate
just a subtree within the database to a consumer?

The situation is that we have a set of multi-masters that manage one
tree (dc=customers,dc=company) while we want to sync our main tree
dc=company. Unfortunately when I tried this dc=company wiped out the
dc=customers subtree.

How can I sync just dc=company without wiping out the extra subtree it
has? Would it help if I split the multi-master into two separate
databases?

Joel