[389-users] Tombstones not deleting

jim at scusting.com jim at scusting.com
Fri Mar 26 14:16:57 UTC 2010

Rich Megginson wrote:
> jim at scusting.com wrote:
>
>> I have noticed on my Fedora consumers there appear to be quite a few
>> tombstones going back months even thought the Purge delay is set to a week:
>>
>> ldapsearch -x -b "cn=mapping tree,cn=config" -D "cn=Directory Manager"
>> -W cn=replica nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay
>> # replica, o=blah.com, mapping tree, config
>> dn: cn=replica,cn="o=blah.com",cn=mapping tree, cn=config
>> nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay: 604800

The oldest date is 13/07/2009 which was when the server was built and
the database imported.  There are about 200 on that date, there are
another 300 spread over the time since then.  This server wont be having
that many changes so I'm not sure if this would reflect all tombstones
since then or not - I suspect there would of been a few more than that
if they were never removed.

Is there a way to see why these ones were not deleted?  Is it possible
to manually force a purge of these?

Jim.