[389-users] setup-ds-admin.pl fails to create the configuration directory server

Rick Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:37:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> Check your /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf
> /etc/sysconfig/network and other host/DNS related settings.

I have, they're fine, the problem seems to be ns-slapd is listening
*only* on ipv6. I don't understand why this is.

I used Typical configuration setup, using all the defaults, ipv4
hostname, and domain are correctly found by the setup script. The DS
instance is successfully created, but when the next part of the setup
script runs, it cannot connect to ldap server because its not
listening on the ipv4 interface, so admin configuration fails.

I also tried the Advanced setup, and typed in the ipv4 IP to listen
on. That failed too. I tried using strictly ipv6 host and domain, this
too failed.

Is this a bug in ns-slapd or setup-ds-admin.pl?

Can anyone explain why ns-slapd is listenong on ipv6 only?

And how can I complete the configuration as performed by setup-ds-admin.pl?

Thanks

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com