[389-users] getent group doesnt show any ldap groups

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue May 4 11:07:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 00:56 -0400, Rick Dicaire wrote:
> Hi folks...I've created a group, named it guitar. I execute getent
> group guitar, and nothing returns.
> I added a user, and added the user to this group. I execute getent
> passwd username, and the uid and gid I set shows, not the group name I
> added the user to.
>
> graz:*:1200:1200:graz:/home/graz:/bin/bash
>
> id user shows
> uid=1200(graz) gid=1200 groups=1200
>
> Why doesn't the group I'd added the user to show?

I do not know if it is the same issue but I found I had to add the
posixgroup objectclass to the group; I had to add the memberuid
attribute and then I had to manually add the uids as values to that
attribute.  I've not filed an RFE bug but it would be nice if the
memberuid attribute populated by grabbing the uid value (if set) of any
added uniquemembers.  Hope that helps - John