[389-users] getent group doesnt show any ldap groups

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue May 4 23:31:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 09:33 -0400, Rick Dicaire wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:07 AM, John A. Sullivan III
> <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> > I do not know if it is the same issue but I found I had to add the
> > posixgroup objectclass to the group; I had to add the memberuid
> > attribute and then I had to manually add the uids as values to that
> > attribute.  I've not filed an RFE bug but it would be nice if the
> > memberuid attribute populated by grabbing the uid value (if set) of any
> > added uniquemembers.  Hope that helps - John
>
> Thanks John, can you detail how you did this? Thanks

Sure - go to the advanced properties of the group.  Look at the
objectclass attribute.  If it does not contain posixgroup (I believe
that's the correct value - I'm not looking at my 389 right now), click
in the list of values and then click add value.  Choose posixgroup from
the list.

Then click on add attribute and choose memberuid from the list.  There
will be a blank field for memberuid.  Enter the first uid.  To enter
additional uids, click add value and enter the new uid - John