[389-users] Do we have any suggestions for host level access controls?

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Tue May 11 18:16:17 UTC 2010

There are other options...

3)
ssh logingroup. Create supplementary posix groups, assign users to those
groups, tell the ssh server only to allow those groups.

   pam_filter <filter>
              Specifies a filter to use when retrieving user information.
The
              user   entry   must  match  the  attribute  value  assertion
of
              (pam_login_attribute=login_name) as well as any filter
specified
              here. There is no default for this option.

     pam_groupdn <groupdn>
              Specifies the distinguished name of a group to which a user
must
              belong for logon authorization to succeed.
pam_member_attribute
              <attribute> Specifies the attribute to use when testing a
user’s
              membership of a group specified in the pam_groupdn option.

I used  pam_groupdn. Very effective. I had a default login group that my
kickstart creates. Then cluster by cluster i could create other objects for
specific login groups