[389-users] dynamic group expansion: writing a patch...

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Tue May 18 16:37:10 UTC 2010

On 05/18/2010 08:48 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Roberto Polli wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 18 May 2010 16:28:48 Rich Megginson wrote:
>>

>>> ...I would start with the member of plugin code.
>>>

>> I'll take a look.
>>
>> do you think it will be better to extend memberof plugin or play directly into
>> the group entry
>>

> not sure what you mean by "play directly into the group entry"
>
> You might be able to do this by extending the member of plugin.  With
> dynamic groups, you will probably still want to have the member of
> functionality, and it should work with member of when using static
> groups too.

The difficult part is going to be making the memberOf plug-in work with
dynamic groups.

Is the idea to have the "member" attributes be virtual attributes that
are generated on the fly when a client performs a search for the group?
I'm not quite sure how this approach can be made to work with the
memberOf plug-in since it is triggered by write operations that affect
group membership.