[389-users] Problems with accessing console

Wendt, Trevor Trevor.Wendt at blackhillscorp.com
Fri Nov 19 16:45:15 UTC 2010

Regarding the timeout issue, I had the exact same problem with my console. It turned out to be a reverse DNS lookup failure for the remote console url I was using. I corrected DNS and all was good (using host entries does not work either). If you want to narrow it down, try connecting to the console on the local server (localhost) at your console port and see if it's fast or not. Don't forget to check your firewalls also. Sorry I can't help on your other questions...