[389-users] build/package scripts for debian and ubuntu

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Tue Oct 5 17:03:52 UTC 2010

Here are the scripts I've created for building and packaging 389 for various
debian and ubuntu distributions.

Current targets are etch,lenny,squeeze,karmic and lucid.

I haven't tested these extensively,  but they all seem to build/install and
return proper results when running test ldapsearch's.

One slight note,  on any target newer then etch,  you'll likely need to sym
link /usr/lib/nss/libsofttokn3.so to /usr/lib or the building of mozldap will
break and the directory server will not function aswell.  Not sure why that
is yet.

Give them a whirl and let me know how they work for you.

Ryan Braun
Aviation and Defence Services Division
Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada
CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558
E-Mail: Ryan.Braun at ec.gc.ca