[389-users] Magic required for subtree password policy?

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at betfair.com
Wed Oct 13 16:05:27 UTC 2010

______________________________________

Thanks, the question was related to starting from scratch.

>The ns-newpwpolicy.pl script essentially just generates ldif and passes
>that to ldapmodify.
>
>See
>http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Configuring_the_Password_Policy->Configuring_SubtreeUser_Password_Policy_Using_the_Command_Line
>> Regards

I did read that documentation, but I was unclear wether the documentation wanted you to only use the command or whether modifying using ldifs were permitted. I guess that specifying the command prevents unnecessary support calls or emails on the list because of faulty configuration.

Regards