[389-users] Severe dn corruption

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 30 10:57:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

Last evening we experienced server corruption inside our replicated
prefix.

Three users got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu to dc=scripts,
and another user got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts to
ou=People,ou=People,dc=scripts.  We also couldn't fix it because it claimed
that the correct DN existed.

We also saw replication conflicts using , as the
thing after nsuniqueid instead of +.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Edward

P.S. Our dirsrvs have been crashing and segfaulting because of the GSSAPI bugs,
so if you want to blame it on that, ok, though dirsrv should not be corrupting
data when it gets interrupted.