[389-users] Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

brandon bjg at solv.com
Thu Sep 2 00:50:42 UTC 2010

I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?

I have the limit set to 20 passwords, and due to debugging I have cycled
through 20 passwords.  From that point forward I cannot set any more
passwords.  Regardless of what I put in it claims it is in the password
history, which is not true since they are completely randomly generated
passwords.

If I disable password history checking in the policy, I can set my
password again.

-Brandon