[389-users] 389-console fonts issue

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 22:20:19 UTC 2011

(2011?04?01? 13:07), Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I've got a strange issue that I find annoying.  My desktop machine is
> running Fedora 14.  If I ssh to my 389 server and run 389-console
> there, the fonts are messed up (see attached snapshot).  Everything is
> fine though if I run the console from my desktop.  Also, this used to
> be fine, but some update long ago seems to have caused it.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas on how to debug?  I ran a diff of -D 9 -f
> console.log output from the two and no smoking guns there.

Could you please run this query against your configuration directory
server and do base64-decoding the nsPreference value?
"o=netscaperoot" "(cn=fonts)"
dn:
cn=Fonts,ou=1.1,ou=Console,ou=uid\3Dadmin\2Cou\3DAdministrators\2Cou\3DTop
  ologyManagement\2Co\3DNetscapeRoot,ou=UserPreferences,ou=usersys.redhat.com,
  o=NetscapeRoot
cn: Fonts
objectClass: top
objectClass: nsAdminConsoleUser
nsPreference::
IwojRnJpIEFwciAwMSAxNToxMDoxMSBQRFQgMjAxMQpDT05UUk9MUz1TYW5zU2
  VyaWZcOjBcOjExClNUQVRVUz1TYW5zU2VyaWZcOjBcOjExCkRBVEFfVkFSSUFCTEU9U2Fuc1Nlcm
  lmXDowXDoxMQpUQVNLPVNhbnNTZXJpZlw6MFw6MTgKVElUTEU9U2Fuc1NlcmlmXDowXDoxOApEQV
  RBX0ZJWEVEPU1vbm9zcGFjZWRcOjBcOjExCg==

This is my decoded preference (default setting):
#
#Fri Apr 01 15:10:11 PDT 2011
CONTROLS=SansSerif\:0\:11
STATUS=SansSerif\:0\:11