[389-users] 389-console fonts issue

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Apr 4 20:50:05 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 02:17 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 11:45 AM, Noriko Hosoi wrote:
>> Then, what happens if you add this attribute value to the entry?
>>
>> nsPreference::
>> IwojRnJpIEFwciAwMSAxNToxMDoxMSBQRFQgMjAxMQpDT05UUk9MUz1TYW5zU2
>>     VyaWZcOjBcOjExClNUQVRVUz1TYW5zU2VyaWZcOjBcOjExCkRBVEFfVkFSSUFCTEU9U2Fuc1Nlcm
>>     lmXDowXDoxMQpUQVNLPVNhbnNTZXJpZlw6MFw6MTgKVElUTEU9U2Fuc1NlcmlmXDowXDoxOApEQV
>>     RBX0ZJWEVEPU1vbm9zcGFjZWRcOjBcOjExCg==
>
> No difference.  If I go through the font preferences dialog though, it appears
> that SansSerif is getting mapped to Dialog or DialogInput which is not
> rendering well.  How do I track java font substitutions or find out where the
> Dialog font is coming from?

I can manually set them all to Bitstream Sans and that gets most of the fonts
working.  The login screen and some drop down lists are still bad though - so
the fonts used in those must not use configured values.

Looks the problem fonts are Hershey fonts installed from ghostscript-fonts.
Not sure how to exclude them or why they are being chosen.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com