[389-users] Can't adjust error log level - 389 DS 1.2.7.5

Barry Sitompul b.sitompul at uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 7 23:32:12 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm testing DS upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7.5 on RHEL 5

I'm getting a lot of new error messages in the 1.2.7.5 error log (default
logging config). These errors do not appear on the 1.2.5 (default logging
config as well) when doing an LDAP search and mod to a user on a certain
tree:

"NSACLPlugin - acllas__client_match_URL: url [ldap:///ou=something,o=the
university of queensland,c=au??sub?(objectclass=*)] scope is subtree but
dn [ou=something,o=the university of queensland,c=au] is not a suffix of
[uid=modadmin,ou=privileged,o=the university of queensland,c=au]"

It's saying that the tree that I am searching is not a suffix of the user
DN I use to bind. It looks more like a warning because the operation
completed successfully, located the user and modified the attributes. Is
this just a new feature that can be turned off?

Is there anything else I can do to disable these error messages? I've
tried to adjust the error log level from the console as per the RedHat
documentation for DS 8.2 but I couldn't find any functions to do so on
config tab->error log. I have also added nsslapd-errorlog-level: 256 to
the dse.ldif but it didn't do anything.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Baz