[389-users] Replica and Windows Sync

jean-Noël Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Tue Apr 12 14:13:00 UTC 2011

Hello,

In a first time  I configured the synchronisation between one AD and one
389DS. it is working fine. Now, I would like to mount a new one 389DS
that will be a replica read-only of the first :
I read this doc :
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Configuring_Multi_Master_Replication.html
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/7.1/html/Administrators_Guide/sync.htm#2876133
 From this picture I want something more simple like :

Consumer read-only (replica)<-----> Supplier Read-Write <----Sync--->
Windows AD

I don't see how I can configure the replication on the Supplier
The supplier sync with AD a database that contains user and group of the AD
The supplier has one more database with Unix user and group (I can
enable replica on this database and it is working (it is a single
master) , I got the replication  of this database on the consumer)

The problem is for the first database (AD) that is a dedicated consumer
for the Windows AD. I dont see how configure as a single master to do
the replication to the consumer.
Support or explanation will help me
Thanks,

--