[389-users] Replica and Windows Sync

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Tue Apr 12 18:21:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM, jean-Noël Chardron <
Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr> wrote:

>  Le 12/04/2011 16:37, Diego Woitasen a écrit :
>

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM, jean-Noël Chardron <
> Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In a first time  I configured the synchronisation between one AD and one
>> 389DS. it is working fine. Now, I would like to mount a new one 389DS
>> that will be a replica read-only of the first :
>> I read this doc :
>>
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Configuring_Multi_Master_Replication.html
>>
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/7.1/html/Administrators_Guide/sync.htm#2876133
>>  From this picture I want something more simple like :
>>
>> Consumer read-only (replica)<-----> Supplier Read-Write <----Sync--->
>> Windows AD
>>
>> I don't see how I can configure the replication on the Supplier
>> The supplier sync with AD a database that contains user and group of the
>> AD
>> The supplier has one more database with Unix user and group (I can
>> enable replica on this database and it is working (it is a single
>> master) , I got the replication  of this database on the consumer)
>>
>> The problem is for the first database (AD) that is a dedicated consumer
>> for the Windows AD. I dont see how configure as a single master to do
>> the replication to the consumer.
>> Support or explanation will help me
>> Thanks,
>>

> It's documented in the section 9.5.1 and 9.5.2.
>
> Yes, but I don't find the answer to my question in the documentation.
> In my configuration of the replica settings are :
> In replica role : "Dedicated consumer" (Must  I change it to "Multiple
> Master" ? )
> Common settings : Replica ID = 65535  (now I read this must be a digit
> between 1 and 65534) Must I change it and what are therefore if I change
> the value ?
>

>  Question, what version of AD are you using? Because I was able to
> configure Windows Sync agaisnt AD 2008r2 but it doesn't work with 2003. I
> wrote a patch to the windows sync pluging to get it working.
>
> I use 2008r2

Yes, let it configured as "Multiple Master". If you have a read-only
consumer, the master could be configured as "multi-master"  or "single
master".

If don't remember the allowed range for ID, but don't use 65535 to be sure.

Thanks for the information about 2008r2.

Regards,
 Diego
--
Diego Woitasen