[389-users] Replica and Windows Sync

jean-Noël Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Wed Apr 13 11:27:17 UTC 2011

Le 12/04/2011 20:45, Rich Megginson a écrit :
> On 04/12/2011 12:21 PM, Diego Woitasen wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM, jean-Noël Chardron
>> <Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
>> <mailto:Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>     Le 12/04/2011 16:37, Diego Woitasen a écrit :
>>>

>>>     On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM, jean-Noël Chardron
>>>     <Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
>>>     <mailto:Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hello,
>>>
>>>         In a first time  I configured the synchronisation between
>>>         one AD and one
>>>         389DS. it is working fine. Now, I would like to mount a new
>>>         one 389DS
>>>         that will be a replica read-only of the first :
>>>         I read this doc :
>>>         http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Configuring_Multi_Master_Replication.html
>>>         http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/7.1/html/Administrators_Guide/sync.htm#2876133
>>>          From this picture I want something more simple like :
>>>
>>>         Consumer read-only (replica)<-----> Supplier Read-Write
>>>         <----Sync--->
>>>         Windows AD
>>>
>>>         I don't see how I can configure the replication on the Supplier
>>>         The supplier sync with AD a database that contains user and
>>>         group of the AD
>>>         The supplier has one more database with Unix user and group
>>>         (I can
>>>         enable replica on this database and it is working (it is a
>>>         single
>>>         master) , I got the replication  of this database on the
>>>         consumer)
>>>
>>>         The problem is for the first database (AD) that is a
>>>         dedicated consumer
>>>         for the Windows AD. I dont see how configure as a single
>>>         master to do
>>>         the replication to the consumer.
>>>         Support or explanation will help me
>>>         Thanks,
>>>

>>>     It's documented in the section 9.5.1 and 9.5.2.
>>     Yes, but I don't find the answer to my question in the documentation.
>>     In my configuration of the replica settings are :
>>     In replica role : "Dedicated consumer" (Must  I change it to
>>     "Multiple Master" ? )
>>     Common settings : Replica ID = 65535  (now I read this must be a
>>     digit between 1 and 65534) Must I change it and what are
>>     therefore if I change the value ?
>>
> Only writable masters use the ReplicaID.  For a hub or dedicated
> consumer, use 65535.
Actually the 389ds syncing with the AD is in "dedicated consumer". So do
you mean that I need to change from dedicated consumer to (single or
multi) Master ? but what will be the consequence of this change on the
syncing with the AD , is there a possibility that the synchronisation
doesn't work anymore ?