[389-users] console issues

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 18:08:09 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 10:46 AM, Ellsworth, Josh wrote:

> I am working on deploying 389 in my organization but I'm having an
> issue with the Windows console. After I log in, the console looks like
> the screenshot here:
>
> http://imgur.com/W1hVd
>
> When I click on the Directory Server tree it changes to say "this
> server component has not yet been downloaded, or it could not be
> activated. Press Download to retry."
>
> I need to be able to access the Directory Server properties, any idea
> why I can't?

Check the admin server access logs on the server -
/var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv/access - do you see the connection attempt
from the Windows box?  If so, what is the URL requested, and what is the
response?
You can also edit the windows console .bat file to add -D 9 -f
console.log to the argument list after the Console class - run the
console with that, edit console.log to remove/obscure any sensitive
info, and send it to the list