[389-users] Performance tuning - where to begin?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Fri Feb 4 20:46:02 UTC 2011

On 2/4/2011 1:29 PM, Andrew Kerr wrote:
> Since the machine isn't even opening up a socket, it makes me think you are hitting either a connection limit or related file limit.
It won't open the connection once the listen queue has filled up (if it
did then all that would happen is the box would run out of kernel
memory). The problem is likely that the thread which calls accept() is
not processing the new connections as fast as they arrive. Once that
state is achieved, the queues fill and SYNs will be dropped.