[389-users] Sub suffixes, databases and permissions problem

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Fri Feb 25 22:16:52 UTC 2011

Hi,
 I have several sub suffixes with their databases. Sub-Suffix and database
creation works fine from the 389-console. When I try to create the OU that
matchs with the suffix I get error 50 (Insufficient permission of something
like that, I don't remember right now). I log to the console using the admin
user. That user has full permission on the whole tree. I can create the OU
if the sub-suffix and the database doesn't exists. The only way that I found
to create the OU is using the "directory manager", using ldapadd from
command line. After that, I can create anything in the subtree with the
admin user.

 I also tried with another user that has full permission on the tree from
command line and fails with error 50 too.

It looks like permissions inheritance doesn't apply in the object that
matchs with the sub-suffix.

Regards,
 Diego

--