[389-users] Questions about groups and group IDs

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Fri Jan 7 16:09:28 UTC 2011

We are planning out how we are going to move from Active Directory to
389-ds.  We can add users to our test environment successfully, and give
the accounts the proper information (uid, shell, etc.).  However, 1 area
that we are getting stumped at is groups.  In our Active Directory
currently, we have several groups that we put our users into based on
their function.

Those groups have unique group IDs.  However, when I make a group on
389-ds, I don't have any way of specifying a group ID.  I can make a new
user and give it a group ID by default, but that group ID doesn't exist
anywhere and I can't find where to assign it or create it.  Any ideas on
this?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine