[389-users] RHEL6 support

Aaron Hagopian airhead1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:33:27 UTC 2011

> 389-ds-base will be going into RHEL 6 at some point.  We cannot put it in
> EPEL6 because it would conflict.  We are interested in suggestions about how
> to provide binary packages on EL6.
>

>  pardon my ignorance, but what would it clash with ?
>
> 389-ds-base in RHEL6.

And I assume that's in the Directory Server channel because on my RHEL6
machine no 389-ds-base package exists and I do not have a subscription to
Redhat Directory service.  Again working on my assumption that means that RH
directory service is using the same package name as 389ds which would create
the conflict.  So either 389-ds packages are renamed or cannot go in EPEL,
now its making sense.

So is there some obstacle for the 389ds project to host its own yum repo?