[389-users] 389-DSGW and userPassword / sambaNTPassword / sambaLMPassword synchronization

Alexandr Popov alexandr.popov62 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:29:41 UTC 2011

Hello!

I've got a directory server and DSGW running.

Mail server, openvpn server and samba share use ldap authentication against
this directory server. Users change their passwords in DSGW.

The mailserver and openvpn use SSHA hash in "userpassword" field, but samba
uses NT hash and LM hash in "sambantpassword" and "sambalmpassword" fields
accordingly.

How can I make "userpassword" , "sambantpassword" and "sambalmpassword"
fields change synchronously when users change their passwords in DSGW?

As I can understand, there is no already written 389-DS-plugin for
synchronizing
these fields.
Moreover, it seems to me that such issues as mine are often solved on the
ldap clients:
   http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/I3m7YImbRJ3Dj9WoXlCz

Am I right?

So should I change
domodify.c<http://git.fedorahosted.org/git?p=389/dsgw.git;a=blob;f=domodify.c;h=5a3719276e3283e80415a884998e5281e066a8c1;hb=refs/tags/389-dsgw-1.1.7>which
is responsible for password change in DSGW? Does it seem to be useful
for Community?

Looking forward to your prompt repy.

Best regards,
Alex Popov.