[389-users] Centos 6?

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Jul 29 05:11:07 UTC 2011

On 07/29/2011 01:10 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
> Just try and locate the repo with those missing packages, unless centos6
> hasn't built them or something wierd like that.

Nice top post.
And thanks for tossing my email address to the world, too.
And thanks for the well-researched response.

Sorry, I'm just cranky right now.

> 2011/7/28 夜神 岩男
>
>     On 07/29/2011 05:14 AM, Brett Dikeman wrote:
>      > I'm trying to install 389 on Centos 6
>      > Instead, the install dies with yum not able to find a dozen or two
>      > dependencies, all of them perl, it looks like:
>      >
>      > -perl(Setup)
>      > -perl (Mozilla::LDAP::Utils)
>      > -perl(Resource)
>      >
>      > ...and so on (Dialog, DSMigration, Migration, DSUpdate etc.)
>      >
>      > I've tried both EPEL release, and EPEL testing. I can't seem to find
>      > anyone else complaining about these issues, so I'm guessing I'm
>      > missing something. Any suggestions?
>
>     Same thing happening here, on SL6 and CentOS6. So its not just you.
>     Unfortunately I've had to switch to OpenLDAP for a bit until I can get
>     this resolved (probably not for another month...). The weird thing is a
>     lot of 389-ds packages are built and sitting in the EPEL repo, but
>     389-ds-base isn't present and all that perl madness is just missing. I
>     did find the lack of discussion a little odd -- seems like people would
>     notice this missing.

EPEL != ( SL || CentOS)

389 DS is not part of the distro so this isn't the problem. 389 has
interesting perl dependencies which are not simple to resolve because
they don't live in the codebase released by RH (Mozilla NSS LDAP API
stuff, etc). Unless someone knows a better way, or if I get to the
bottom of the issue and there's a better solution, this may require some
Fedora-package magic to prevent pulling perl packages on top of existing
repo rpms and things through cpan (for servers with nothing installed is
there even a clear cpan dependency progression from -nothing- to having
Mozilla::LDAP::API?)...

-Iwao