[389-users] Windows Sync Agreement Help

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Wed Jun 1 08:22:20 UTC 2011

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Albert Teh <teh.albert at gmail.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011, 2:30
Betreff: Re: [389-users] Windows Sync Agreement Help
An: Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
Cc: "General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project." <389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

    On 05/31/2011 12:49 PM, Albert Teh wrote:
    > Hi Rich,

      Sorry, What I understand doing the OneWay Sync from the AD to the
      DS

      Users in the Active Directory domain are synced if it is
      configured in the sync agreement by selecting the Sync New Windows Users
      option. All of the Windows users are copied to the Directory
      Server when synchronization is initiated and then new users are
      synced over when they are created.

      I do not need to do any AD to DS Group Sync

      and I am not doing any DS sync to the AD.

    /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com -w
    - -D
    "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" -s
    base -b "" "objectclass=*"

    You should get the contents of the AD
This is a good test, but take a notice of that winsync use the dirsync ldap control which require additional priviledges on AD. This can tested with a python script of rich:

https://github.com/richm/scripts/blob/master/dirsyncctrl.py

which need python an the ldap lib for python.

Regards Carsten

    /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h
    wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com -w - -D
    "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" -s
    sub -b "cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
    "objectclass=person"

    you should get the list of users>

      Thanks.

      Al

        wrote:

            >  On 05/31/2011 10:30 AM, Albert Teh wrote:

                HI Rich,

                [root at algldap ~]# /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -w - -D
                cn="Directory Manager" -b
                "ou=People,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                "(|(objectclass=ntuser)(objectclass=ntgroup))"

                Enter bind password:

                [root at algldap ~]#

                No Entry found !!!.

            You have to tell directory server which entries you want to
            sync.

            See http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Windows_Sync-About_Windows_Sync

                  Thanks.

                  Albert

                    AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
                    wrote:

                        >  On 05/30/2011 08:32 AM, Albert Teh wrote:

                        > Hi Rich,

                          >  I followed the Guide and still got the
                            same result. Checked with  the AD
                            administrator, the AD's user: mailadm has a
                            full privilege.

                        /usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -w - -D cn="Directory
                        Manager"-b
                        "ou=People,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                        "(|(objectclass=ntuser)(objectclass=ntgroup))"

                        How many entries match that search?

                              Thanks.

                              Albert

                              Here is the Windows Sync Agreement info:

                              [root at algldap slapd-algldap]#
                              /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -w - -D
                              cn="Directory Manager" -b cn=config
                              cn=ADSync

                              Enter bind password:

                              version: 1

                              dn:
                              cn=ADSync,cn=replica,cn=dc\3Dalgonquincollege\2Cdc\3Dcom,cn=mapping
                              tree,c

                               n=config

                              objectClass: top

                              objectClass:
                              nsDSWindowsReplicationAgreement

                              cn: ADSync

                              nsds7WindowsReplicaSubtree:
                              cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=co

                              nsds7DirectoryReplicaSubtree: ou=People,
                              dc=algonquincollege,dc=com

                              nsds7NewWinUserSyncEnabled: on

                              nsds7NewWinGroupSyncEnabled: on

                              nsds7WindowsDomain: ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com

                              nsDS5ReplicaRoot:
                              dc=algonquincollege,dc=com

                              nsDS5ReplicaHost: wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com

                              nsDS5ReplicaPort: 389

                              nsDS5ReplicaBindDN:
                              cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc

                               =com

                              nsDS5ReplicaBindMethod: SIMPLE

                              nsDS5ReplicaCredentials:
                              {DES}U68ooQM3C15xjJ/taDmy0A==

                              nsds5replicareapactive: 0

                              nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart:
                              20110530141648Z

                              nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd: 20110530141648Z

                              nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup:

                              nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus: 0 Replica
                              acquired successfully: Incremental upd

                               ate succeeded

                              nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress: FALSE

                              nsds5replicaLastInitStart: 20110530140648Z

                              nsds5replicaLastInitEnd: 20110530140648Z

                              nsds5replicaLastInitStatus: 0 Total update
                              succeeded

                                2011 at 10:57 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
                                wrote:

                                    >  On 05/27/2011 04:22 AM, Albert
                                      Teh wrote:
                                      Hi Rich,

                                        I reinstalled 389-ds-base
                                        1.2.8.3 from EPEL5 and added
                                        onewaysync set as fromWindows in
                                        the multimaster replication
                                        plugin. I still got the same
                                        result with no user created in
                                        the DS subtree.

                                    Have you read http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Windows_Sync-About_Windows_Sync

                                          Errors log:

                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:26 -0400]
                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin -
                                          Beginning total update of
                                          replica "agmt="cn=ADSync"
                                          (wodcstage-1:389)".

                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:26 -0400]
                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin -
                                          Finished total update of
                                          replica "agmt="cn=ADSync"
                                          (wodcstage-1:389)". Sent 0
                                          entries.

                                          Access log:

                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:29 -0400]
                                          conn=1 op=114 SRCH
                                          base="cn=ADSync,cn=replica,cn=dc\3Dalgonquincollege\2Cdc\3Dcom,cn=mapping

                                          tree,cn=config" scope=0
                                          filter="(|(objectClass=*)(objectClass=ldapsubentry))"
                                          attrs="nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart

                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd
                                          nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup
                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus
                                          nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress
                                          nsds5replicaLastInitStart
                                          nsds5replicaLastInitEnd
                                          nsds5replicaLastInitStatus
                                          nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh"

                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:29 -0400]
                                          conn=1 op=114 RESULT err=0
                                          tag=101 nentries=1 etime=

                                          Thanks for your help.

                                          Albert

                                          > On
                                            Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:13
                                            wrote:

                                                >  On 05/26/2011
                                                  08:58 AM, Albert Teh
                                                  wrote:
                                                  Hi,

                                                    We are setting up a
                                                    new CENTOS-DS
                                                    version 8.1.0. and
                                                    CENTOS 5.5 and
                                                    attempt to
                                                    synchronize with the
                                                    existing 2003
                                                    Windows AD server.

                                                    Performing  the full
                                                    sync completed.
                                                    There is no user
                                                    created in the DS
                                                    subtree.

                                                    We would like to
                                                    perform one way
                                                    Sync:  AD ---->
                                                    DS. Once it works,
                                                    we will set up the
                                                    password Sync from
                                                    the AD to DS.

                                                One way sync isn't
                                                supported with 8.1.0.  I
                                                suggest using
                                                389-ds-base 1.2.8.3 from
                                                EPEL5 which does support
                                                one way sync.  http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/One_Way_Active_Directory_Sync

                                                    AD:
                                                    cn=Users,cn=location,dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=com

                                                    DS:
                                                    ou=Peoples,dc=domain,dc=com

                                                    errors log:

                                                    [26/May/2011:10:20:34
                                                    -0400]
                                                    NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                    - Beginning total
                                                    update of replica
                                                    "agmt="cn=ADsync"
                                                    (wodcstage-1:389)".

                                                    [26/May/2011:10:20:34
                                                    -0400]
                                                    NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                    - Finished total
                                                    update of replica
                                                    "agmt="cn=ADsync"
                                                    (wodcstage-1:389)".
                                                    Sent 0 entries.

                                                    access log:

                                                    26/May/2011:10:20:37
                                                    -0400] conn=11
                                                    op=819 SRCH
                                                    base="cn=ADsync,
                                                    cn=replica,
                                                    cn=\22dc=algonquincollege,
                                                    dc=com\22,
                                                    cn=mapping tree,
                                                    cn=config" scope=0
                                                    filter="(|(objectClass=*)(objectClass=ldapsubentry))"
                                                    attrs="nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart

                                                    nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd

                                                    nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup

                                                    nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus

                                                    nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress

                                                    nsds5replicaLastInitStart

                                                    nsds5replicaLastInitEnd

                                                    nsds5replicaLastInitStatus

nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh"

                                                    [26/May/2011:10:20:37
                                                    -0400] conn=11
                                                    op=819 RESULT err=0
                                                    tag=101 nentries=1
                                                    etime=0

                                                    Thanks.

                                                    Albert

                                          Albert Teh

                                          Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                              --

                              Albert Teh

                              Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                  --

                  Albert Teh

                  Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

      --

      Albert Teh

      Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

> HI Rich,
>
> These two commands worked and got the result. I have been gone through  the Windows Sync agreement setup for many times. I could not figure out what went wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

> Albert
>
> /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com -w
    - -D
    "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=[root at algldap ~]# /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com -w - -D "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" -s base -b "" "objectclass=*"                                           Enter bind password:

version: 1
> dn:
> currentTime: 20110601001342.0Z
> subschemaSubentry: CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquinc
>  ollege,DC=com
> dsServiceName: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=WODCSTAGE-1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Sit

 e-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> namingContexts: CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> namingContexts: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> namingContexts: DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

defaultNamingContext: DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> schemaNamingContext: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=c
>  om
> configurationNamingContext: CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

rootDomainNamingContext: DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.319
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.801
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.528

supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.417
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.619
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.841
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.529
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.805
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.521

supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.970
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1338
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.474
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1339
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1340

supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1413
> supportedControl: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.9
> supportedControl: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.10
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1504
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1852

supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.802
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1907
> supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1948
> supportedLDAPVersion: 3
> supportedLDAPVersion: 2
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxPoolThreads

supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxDatagramRecv
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxReceiveBuffer
> supportedLDAPPolicies: InitRecvTimeout
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxConnections
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxConnIdleTime
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxPageSize

supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxQueryDuration
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxTempTableSize
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxResultSetSize
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxNotificationPerConn
> supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxValRange
> highestCommittedUSN: 3103418

supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI

ldapServiceName: ad.algonquincollege.com:wodcstage-1$@OTTAWA.AD.ALGONQUINCOLLE
>  GE.COM
> serverName: CN=WODCSTAGE-1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=C
>  onfiguration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.800
> supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1670
> supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1791
> isSynchronized: TRUE
> isGlobalCatalogReady: TRUE
> domainFunctionality: 2

forestFunctionality: 2
> domainControllerFunctionality: 2
> [root at algldap ~]#
>
> Partial out:
>
> [root at algldap ~]# /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com -w - -D "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" -s sub -b "cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" "objectclass=person" | more

Enter bind password:
> version: 1
> dn: CN=isp-transfer,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: user
> cn: isp-transfer

> givenName: isp-transfer
> distinguishedName: CN=isp-transfer,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincolleg
>  e,DC=com
> instanceType: 4

whenCreated: 20040517155823.0Z
> whenChanged: 20081016173006.0Z
> displayName: isp-transfer
> uSNCreated: 255422
> memberOf: CN=NAS_Transfer_Genesis_ISP,OU=Groups,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquinco
>  llege,DC=com
> uSNChanged: 255422

name: isp-transfer
> objectGUID:: EaeRW3KiMUac6hzEs//X/g==
> userAccountControl: 66048
> badPwdCount: 0
> codePage: 0
> countryCode: 0
> badPasswordTime: 0
> lastLogoff: 0
> lastLogon: 0
> pwdLastSet: 127292831041031250

primaryGroupID: 513
> objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAArhyVdhR1dBOOfkA4DN8BAA==
> accountExpires: 9223372036854775807
> logonCount: 0
> sAMAccountName: isp-transfer
> sAMAccountType: 805306368
> userPrincipalName: isp-transfer at algonquincollege.com

lockoutTime: 0
> objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege
>  ,DC=com
> dSCorePropagationData: 20110131155635.0Z
> dSCorePropagationData: 20091227191115.0Z
> dSCorePropagationData: 20090127144505.0Z

dSCorePropagationData: 20081201175842.0Z
> dSCorePropagationData: 16010714223649.0Z
> lastLogonTimestamp: 128686221598537375
>
> dn: CN=heatweb,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> objectClass: top

objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: user
> cn: heatweb
> sn: heatweb
> distinguishedName: CN=heatweb,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=

 com
> instanceType: 4
> whenCreated: 20050218192725.0Z
> whenChanged: 20081016172611.0Z
> displayName: heatweb
> uSNCreated: 89976
> memberOf: CN=Heat Users,OU=Groups,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com
> uSNChanged: 89976

name: heatweb