[389-users] Windows Sync Agreement Help

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Fri Jun 3 07:37:08 UTC 2011

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011, 18:05
Betreff: Re: [389-users] Windows Sync Agreement Help
An: Albert Teh <teh.albert at gmail.com>
Cc: "General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project." <389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

    On 06/01/2011 09:21 AM, Albert Teh wrote:

The user: mailadm should have a full privilege from
      the AD because we are using this user for SUN's IDSYNC
      synchronizing/passwdsyc from the AD to the SUN's DS which is our
      current LDAP environment. We are trying to change SUN's Directory
      server to the Linux's 389-Directory server.

No, its not true in general, Suns Idsync needs only a normal user, if you sync only from AD to DS. The user for Suns Idsync needs only additional privileges for see the 'deleted objects' container for syncing the object deletion. It do not use the dirsync ldap control where you need the Replication/Replicator rights

Regards, Carsten

    Ok.  I don't know how Sun's IDSYNC works - it is possible it doesn't
    use the DirSync control which requires Replicator privileges.  Can
    you confirm that
    "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com" has
    Replication/Replicator rights in AD/Windows?

      "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
      has Replication/Replicator rights in AD/Windows?

      Thanks.

      Albert

        Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>

                    PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
                    wrote:

                        >  On 05/31/2011 12:49 PM, Albert Teh wrote:

                        > Hi Rich,

                          >  Sorry, What I understand doing the
                            OneWay Sync from the AD to the DS

                            Users in the Active Directory domain are
                            synced if it is configured in the sync
                            agreement by selecting the Sync
                                New Windows Users option. All
                            of the Windows users are copied to the
                            Directory Server when synchronization is
                            initiated and then new users are synced over
                            when they are created.

                            I do not need to do any AD to DS Group Sync

                            and I am not doing any DS sync to the AD.

                        /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com
                        -w - -D
                        "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                        -s base -b "" "objectclass=*"

                        You should get the contents of the AD

                        /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com
                        -w - -D
                        "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                        -s sub -b
                        "cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                        "objectclass=person"

                        you should get the list of users

                              Thanks.

                              Al

                                2011 at 1:40 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>
                                wrote:

                                    >  On 05/31/2011 10:30 AM, Albert
                                      Teh wrote:

                                        HI Rich,

                                        [root at algldap ~]#
                                        /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x
                                        -w - -D cn="Directory Manager"
                                        -b
                                        "ou=People,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
"(|(objectclass=ntuser)(objectclass=ntgroup))"

                                        Enter bind password:

                                        [root at algldap ~]#

                                        No Entry found !!!.

                                    You have to tell directory server
                                    which entries you want to sync.

                                    See http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Windows_Sync-About_Windows_Sync

                                          Thanks.

                                          Albert

                                          > On
                                            Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:42
                                            wrote:

                                                >  On 05/30/2011
                                                  08:32 AM, Albert Teh
                                                  wrote:
                                                > Hi
                                                  Rich,

                                                  >  I followed the
                                                    Guide and still got
                                                    the same result.
                                                    Checked with  the AD
                                                    administrator, the
                                                    AD's user: mailadm
                                                    has a full
                                                    privilege.

                                                /usr/bin/ldapsearch -x
                                                -w - -D cn="Directory
                                                Manager"-b
                                                "ou=People,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
"(|(objectclass=ntuser)(objectclass=ntgroup))"

                                                How many entries match
                                                that search?

                                                      Thanks.

                                                      Albert

                                                      Here is the
                                                      Windows Sync
                                                      Agreement info:

                                                      [root at algldap
                                                      slapd-algldap]#
                                                      /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch
                                                      -w - -D
                                                      cn="Directory
                                                      Manager" -b
                                                      cn=config
                                                      cn=ADSync

                                                      Enter bind
                                                      password:

                                                      version: 1

                                                      dn:
                                                      cn=ADSync,cn=replica,cn=dc\3Dalgonquincollege\2Cdc\3Dcom,cn=mapping
                                                      tree,c

                                                       n=config

                                                      objectClass: top

                                                      objectClass:
                                                      nsDSWindowsReplicationAgreement

                                                      Sync Agreement

                                                      cn: ADSync

                                                      nsds7WindowsReplicaSubtree:

cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=co

                                                      nsds7DirectoryReplicaSubtree:

                                                      ou=People,
                                                      dc=algonquincollege,dc=com

                                                      nsds7NewWinUserSyncEnabled:
                                                      on

                                                      nsds7NewWinGroupSyncEnabled:

                                                      on

                                                      nsds7WindowsDomain:
                                                      ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaRoot:
dc=algonquincollege,dc=com

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaHost:
                                                      wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaPort:
                                                      389

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaBindDN:

cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc

                                                       =com

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaBindMethod:
                                                      SIMPLE

                                                      nsDS5ReplicaCredentials:

{DES}U68ooQM3C15xjJ/taDmy0A==

                                                      nsds5replicareapactive:
                                                      0

                                                      nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart:

                                                      20110530141648Z

                                                      nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd:

                                                      20110530141648Z

nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup:

                                                      nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus:

                                                      0 Replica acquired
                                                      successfully:
                                                      Incremental upd

                                                       ate succeeded

                                                      nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress:

                                                      FALSE

                                                      nsds5replicaLastInitStart:

                                                      20110530140648Z

                                                      nsds5replicaLastInitEnd:

                                                      20110530140648Z

                                                      nsds5replicaLastInitStatus:
                                                      0 Total update
                                                      succeeded

                                                      [root at algldap
                                                      slapd-algldap]#

                                                      > On

                                                        Fri, May 27,
                                                        2011 at 10:57
                                                        wrote:

                                                          >  On
                                                          05/27/2011
                                                          04:22 AM,
                                                          Albert Teh
                                                          wrote:
                                                          Hi
                                                          Rich,

                                                          I reinstalled
                                                          389-ds-base
                                                          1.2.8.3 from
                                                          EPEL5 and
                                                          added
                                                          onewaysync set
                                                          as fromWindows
                                                          in the
                                                          multimaster
                                                          replication
                                                          plugin. I
                                                          still got the
                                                          same result
                                                          with no user
                                                          created in the
                                                          DS subtree.

                                                          Have you read
                                                          http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Windows_Sync-About_Windows_Sync

                                                          Errors log:

                                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:26

                                                          -0400]
                                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                          - Beginning
                                                          total update
                                                          of replica
                                                          "agmt="cn=ADSync"
(wodcstage-1:389)".

                                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:26

                                                          -0400]
                                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                          - Finished
                                                          total update
                                                          of replica
                                                          "agmt="cn=ADSync"
                                                          (wodcstage-1:389)".

                                                          Sent 0
                                                          entries.

                                                          Access log:

                                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:29

                                                          -0400] conn=1
                                                          op=114 SRCH
                                                          base="cn=ADSync,cn=replica,cn=dc\3Dalgonquincollege\2Cdc\3Dcom,cn=mapping

                                                          tree,cn=config"

                                                          scope=0
                                                          filter="(|(objectClass=*)(objectClass=ldapsubentry))"
                                                          attrs="nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart

                                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd

                                                          nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup

                                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus

                                                          nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress

                                                          nsds5replicaLastInitStart

                                                          nsds5replicaLastInitEnd

nsds5replicaLastInitStatus
nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh"

                                                          [27/May/2011:06:18:29

                                                          -0400] conn=1
                                                          op=114 RESULT
                                                          err=0 tag=101
                                                          nentries=1
                                                          etime=

                                                          Thanks for
                                                          your help.

                                                          Albert

                                                          > On

                                                          Thu, May 26,
                                                          2011 at 11:13
                                                          wrote:

                                                          >  On
                                                          05/26/2011
                                                          08:58 AM,
                                                          Albert Teh
                                                          wrote:
                                                          Hi,

                                                          We are setting
                                                          up a new
                                                          CENTOS-DS
                                                          version 8.1.0.
                                                          and CENTOS 5.5
                                                          and attempt to
                                                          synchronize
                                                          with the
                                                          existing 2003
                                                          Windows AD
                                                          server.

                                                          Performing
                                                          the full sync
                                                          completed.
                                                          There is no
                                                          user created
                                                          in the DS
                                                          subtree.

                                                          We would like
                                                          to perform one
                                                          way Sync:  AD
                                                          ----> DS.
                                                          Once it works,
                                                          we will set up
                                                          the password
                                                          Sync from the
                                                          AD to DS.

                                                          One way sync
                                                          isn't
                                                          supported with
                                                          8.1.0.  I
                                                          suggest using
                                                          389-ds-base
                                                          1.2.8.3 from
                                                          EPEL5 which
                                                          does support
                                                          one way sync.
                                                          http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/One_Way_Active_Directory_Sync

                                                          AD:
                                                          cn=Users,cn=location,dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=com

                                                          DS:
                                                          ou=Peoples,dc=domain,dc=com

                                                          errors log:

                                                          [26/May/2011:10:20:34

                                                          -0400]
                                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                          - Beginning
                                                          total update
                                                          of replica
                                                          "agmt="cn=ADsync"
(wodcstage-1:389)".

                                                          [26/May/2011:10:20:34

                                                          -0400]
                                                          NSMMReplicationPlugin
                                                          - Finished
                                                          total update
                                                          of replica
                                                          "agmt="cn=ADsync"
                                                          (wodcstage-1:389)".

                                                          Sent 0
                                                          entries.

                                                          access log:

                                                          26/May/2011:10:20:37

                                                          -0400] conn=11
                                                          op=819 SRCH
                                                          base="cn=ADsync,
                                                          cn=replica,
                                                          cn=\22dc=algonquincollege,
                                                          dc=com\22,
                                                          cn=mapping
                                                          tree,
                                                          cn=config"
                                                          scope=0
                                                          filter="(|(objectClass=*)(objectClass=ldapsubentry))"
                                                          attrs="nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart

                                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateEnd

                                                          nsds5replicaChangesSentSinceStartup

                                                          nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus

                                                          nsds5replicaUpdateInProgress

                                                          nsds5replicaLastInitStart

nsds5replicaLastInitEnd
nsds5replicaLastInitStatus
nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh"

                                                          [26/May/2011:10:20:37

                                                          -0400] conn=11
                                                          op=819 RESULT
                                                          err=0 tag=101
                                                          nentries=1
                                                          etime=0

                                                          Thanks.

                                                          Albert

                                                          Albert Teh

                                                          Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                                                      --

                                                      Albert Teh

                                                      Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                                          --

                                          Albert Teh

                                          Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                              --

                              Albert Teh

                              Email: Teh.Albert at Gmail.com

                      HI Rich,

                      These two commands worked and got the result. I
                      have been gone through  the Windows Sync agreement
                      setup for many times. I could not figure out what
                      went wrong.

                      Thanks a lot for your help again.

            Are you sure that the user
            "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
            has Replication/Replicator rights in AD/Windows?

                      Albert

                  /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com
                  -w - -D "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=[root at algldap ~]#
                  /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com
                  -w - -D
                  "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                  -s base -b ""
                  "objectclass=*"
                  Enter bind password:

                  version: 1

                  dn:

                  currentTime: 20110601001342.0Z

                  subschemaSubentry:
                  CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquinc

                   ollege,DC=com

                  dsServiceName: CN=NTDS
                  Settings,CN=WODCSTAGE-1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Sit

 e-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  namingContexts:
                  CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  namingContexts:
                  CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  namingContexts:
                  DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  defaultNamingContext:
                  DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  schemaNamingContext:
                  CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=c

                   om

                  configurationNamingContext:
                  CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  rootDomainNamingContext:
                  DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.319

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.801

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.528

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.417

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.619

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.841

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.529

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.805

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.521

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.970

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1338

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.474

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1339

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1340

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1413

                  supportedControl: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.9

                  supportedControl: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.10

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1504

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1852

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.802

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1907

                  supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1948

                  supportedLDAPVersion: 3

                  supportedLDAPVersion: 2

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxPoolThreads

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxDatagramRecv

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxReceiveBuffer

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: InitRecvTimeout

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxConnections

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxConnIdleTime

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxPageSize

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxQueryDuration

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxTempTableSize

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxResultSetSize

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxNotificationPerConn

                  supportedLDAPPolicies: MaxValRange

                  highestCommittedUSN: 3103418

                  supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI

                  supportedSASLMechanisms: GSS-SPNEGO

                  supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL

                  supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5

                  dnsHostName: WODCStage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com

                  ldapServiceName: ad.algonquincollege.com:wodcstage-1$@OTTAWA.AD.ALGONQUINCOLLE

                   GE.COM

                  serverName:
                  CN=WODCSTAGE-1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=C

                   onfiguration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.800

                  supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1670

                  supportedCapabilities: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1791

                  isSynchronized: TRUE

                  isGlobalCatalogReady: TRUE

                  domainFunctionality: 2

                  forestFunctionality: 2

                  domainControllerFunctionality: 2

                  [root at algldap ~]#

                  Partial out:

                  [root at algldap ~]# /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -x -h wodcstage-1.ottawa.ad.algonquincollege.com
                  -w - -D
                  "cn=mailadm,cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                  -s sub -b
                  "cn=Users,dc=ottawa,dc=ad,dc=algonquincollege,dc=com"
                  "objectclass=person" | more

                  Enter bind password:

                  version: 1

                  dn:
                  CN=isp-transfer,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  objectClass: top

                  objectClass: person

                  objectClass: organizationalPerson

                  objectClass: user

                  cn: isp-transfer

                  International Student Program share

                  givenName: isp-transfer

                  distinguishedName:
                  CN=isp-transfer,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincolleg

                   e,DC=com

                  instanceType: 4

                  whenCreated: 20040517155823.0Z

                  whenChanged: 20081016173006.0Z

                  displayName: isp-transfer

                  uSNCreated: 255422

                  memberOf:
                  CN=NAS_Transfer_Genesis_ISP,OU=Groups,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquinco

                   llege,DC=com

                  uSNChanged: 255422

                  name: isp-transfer

                  objectGUID:: EaeRW3KiMUac6hzEs//X/g==

                  userAccountControl: 66048

                  badPwdCount: 0

                  codePage: 0

                  countryCode: 0

                  badPasswordTime: 0

                  lastLogoff: 0

                  lastLogon: 0

                  pwdLastSet: 127292831041031250

                  primaryGroupID: 513

                  objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAArhyVdhR1dBOOfkA4DN8BAA==

                  accountExpires: 9223372036854775807

                  logonCount: 0

                  sAMAccountName: isp-transfer

                  sAMAccountType: 805306368

                  userPrincipalName: isp-transfer at algonquincollege.com

                  lockoutTime: 0

                  objectCategory:
                  CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege

                   ,DC=com

                  dSCorePropagationData: 20110131155635.0Z

                  dSCorePropagationData: 20091227191115.0Z

                  dSCorePropagationData: 20090127144505.0Z

                  dSCorePropagationData: 20081201175842.0Z

                  dSCorePropagationData: 16010714223649.0Z

                  lastLogonTimestamp: 128686221598537375

                  dn:
                  CN=heatweb,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  objectClass: top

                  objectClass: person

                  objectClass: organizationalPerson

                  objectClass: user

                  cn: heatweb

                  sn: heatweb

                  distinguishedName:
                  CN=heatweb,CN=Users,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=

                   com

                  instanceType: 4

                  whenCreated: 20050218192725.0Z

                  whenChanged: 20081016172611.0Z

                  displayName: heatweb

                  uSNCreated: 89976

                  memberOf: CN=Heat
                  Users,OU=Groups,DC=ottawa,DC=ad,DC=algonquincollege,DC=com

                  uSNChanged: 89976

                  name: heatweb

                  objectGUID:: 07KJaAgkGUapXbQN7VprrQ==

                  userAccountControl: 66048