[389-users] configuring SSL for windows replication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 20:00:44 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 01:38 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
> For self signed certs, as I understand it, the 389 supplier that has
> the CA must create a server cert for the windows host?  How can this
> cert be exported/imported since windows doesn't use pk12util?  Has
> anyone set this up, and can say the steps on windows 2008?  I see
> there are many options for installing IIS and Microsoft CA.
That's the easiest way to generate an SSL server cert for MS AD -
Install MS CA as an Enterprise Root CA - it will automatically issue the
AD server cert.

Otherwise, look here
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync - you can use
mmc with the Certificates snap-in to import/export certs and pkcs12 files.