[389-users] How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory

Glenn Machin gmachin at sandia.gov
Tue Jun 14 14:29:10 UTC 2011

I am getting the error below form my Version 1.2.8.2 (Build
2011.104.231) 389 Directory Server:
"libdb: Lock table is out of available locks"

The cn=database,cn=monitor,cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins,cn=config show
the following:

    nsslapd-db-configured-locks: 10000
    nsslapd-db-current-locks: 40
    nsslapd-db-max-locks: 10000

Its clear I am reaching the max number of locks of 10000.   However I
don't know how to increase the value of nsslapd-db-configured-locks

The RedHat Directory documentation talks about increasing the value
through the attribute:
|cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config : nsslapd-db-locks

However this did not origiinally exist and even when it was added it did
not change the value of |nsslapd-db-configured-locks

How do I increase the value of nsslapd-db-configured-locks?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Glenn