[389-users] About Kerberos and dirsrv

Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo juancar at eprinsa.es
Wed Jun 15 11:44:09 UTC 2011

To your former question, yes. Basically, and assuming you have
experience with openldap:

0.- Backup your current installation or create a new 389ds instance.
1.- Configure the kdc to use ldap as a database backend.
2.- Get the 60kerberos.ldif from freeIPA (it works out of the box with
389ds) and copy it to the instance's "schema" folder. Add
krb5principalname to your  suffix database indexes. Restart dirsrv.

3.- Create the realm with kdb5_ldap_util.
4.- Create kerberos principals for your users
    4.1 for new users , "addprinc <principal> "
    4.2 for existing ldap users, "addprinc -x dn=<full dn of the user>
<principal". This will add kerberos attributes to an existing ldap user.

Regards!