[389-users] 389/RHDS Compatibility in Enterprise

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 22:56:49 UTC 2011

On 03/03/2011 03:42 PM, Alaric wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> At $WORKk we are having a  discusion about the scalability of
> different directory server products, and I thought I'd reach out and
> see anyone had any information that I could feed back into
> our dialogue.  There are three main points that i'm curious about,
> first the statement was made that Red Hat doesn't suggest RHDS 8.* for
> use in enterprise environments
This is not true.  Where did this information come from?
> and instead suggests an LDAP server that uses or comes with Jboss
> (OpenDS or OpenLDAP maybe? I was a bit unclear on this point... ).
Also not true.  Where did this information come from?
> Second, 389/RHDS is in fact just Sun Directory Server 5.0.
No, it is several generations ahead of Sun DS 5.0.  See
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/History
> And finally that RHDS/389 isn't compatible with the following products:
>
> Weblogic 10g+
>
> WebSphere 6+
>
> OAM 10g/11g
>
> OVD 11g
>
> OIF 11gR3
>
> OAAM 11g
>
> OIM 11gR2
>
> Sun IdM v6.1, 7.2, 8.1.1

Not sure about this.  We don't certify with these, but if they work with
standard LDAPv3 servers, they should work with RHDS/389.