[389-users] ldapsearch to get users with expired password

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:45:07 UTC 2011

Hi

Thanks for the answer, but my users don't have the attribute
passwordexpirationtime, because this attribute is not generated until
the user login after the activation of the account/password policies.

Reading, I have seen that when a user binds to the server, the server
returns some controls indicating the expiring/expired password, if in
case. But I can not bind with the user as I don't have it's password,
so I can not get the controls that would return a bind with its user.
Could I simulate this using a proxy auth, ie, binding as Directory
Manager, but simulating a login of the user? Would this need some
special ACI? I am a bit lost...

Thanks in advance.