[389-users] Problems to access Directory Server from remote console with 389-console

Daniel Gonzalez gonzalezdr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:11:39 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

My name is Daniel Gonzalez and I am new to this mailing list, I hope to
ayduar as I can while I'm learning a bit more about Directory Server 389.

I would also start with my first question.

I tested 389 on a Virtualbox virtual machine, I installed it

Fedora 14 (Minimal instalation)
389-ds

I followed the wizard to set 389-run setup-ds ds-admin.pl and all goes
well there

But when I try to connect from a console 389 on another machine I fail to

Am I doing something wrong? I need some configuration.

I turned off the iptables for this I'm not blocking ports or something
but still not working.

The good news is that if I worked in there too I have my machine I
installed fedora 14 389-ds and successfully run setup-ds-admin.pl to run
389-console and console to open it immediately login

I hope you can make me some suggestion.