[389-users] 389 upgrade error

Sandra Blain Escalona sandra.blain at etecsa.cu
Fri May 6 19:48:09 UTC 2011

I've upgrading the new version 389 and when I run the script
setup-ds-admin.pl -u I get this error:

[root at pluton yum.repos.d]# setup-ds-admin.pl -u

The update option will allow you to re-register your servers with the
configuration directory server and update the information about your
servers that the console and admin server uses.  You will need your
configuration directory server admin ID and password to continue.

Continue? [yes]:

Please specify the information about your configuration directory
server.  The following information is required:
- host (fully qualified), port (non-secure or secure), suffix,
   protocol (ldap or ldaps) - this information should be provided in the
   form of an LDAP url e.g. for non-secure
ldap://host.example.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot
   or for secure
ldaps://host.example.com:636/o=NetscapeRoot
- admin ID and password
- admin domain
- a CA certificate file may be required if you choose to use ldaps and
   security has not yet been configured - the file must be in PEM/ASCII
   format - specify the absolute path and filename

Configuration directory server URL [ldap://pluton.virtual.etecsa.cu:389/o=NetscapeRoot]:
Configuration directory server admin ID [uid=admin389, ou=Administrators, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot]:
Configuration directory server admin password:
Configuration directory server admin domain [virtual.etecsa.cu]:
The server 'ldap://pluton.virtual.etecsa.cu:389/o=NetscapeRoot' is not reachable.  Error: unknown error

Please try again, in case you mis-typed something.

and it repeat again.
I tried to start dirsrv service but its fails, but dirsrv-admin service
is running

somebody can help me???

thanks

Sandra