[389-users] Reg ldif file import/export and ldap replication over ldaps

s.varadha rajan rajanvaradhu at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:47:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are using Ubuntu 10.04 server OS and all the web applications are running
on that.We have already implemented fedora-ds for ldap auth.now we are
planning to go some up-gradation.kindly let me know the following,

1.How to migrate running fedora-ds server to another server ?

2.i have taken all the user/group+etc in ldif format.is it enough for
migration or any other db (/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>) also need to
bacup ? if any procedure please share with me ? how to import/export .ldif
file

3.in our setup,one server is in public network.so i am planning to do
replication through "ldaps", i.e local server to public server replication
through highly secure how to ?

Please help me on the above topics.

Regards,
Varad